Biotech is proud to renew our partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Monmouth & Middlesex Counties and Freehold Borough School District to create a High School Bigs Mentoring Program for the 2015-16 school year!
The Mission of BBBS is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. You have a big opportunity in front of you, not only impact a child’s life today, but to transform their potential for tomorrow.
Becoming a Big Brother or Big Sister is a significant responsibility. All Biotech Big Brothers and Sisters must make a commitment to meet with their Little Brothers and Sisters every other Thursday, for the entire school year, from 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm at the Freehold Intermediate School.
- There will be an Information Session in Room 102 at 10:30 am on Thursday, September 24 for anyone that would like to learn more about this opportunity.
- Applications are due in Mr. Brown's mailbox by 7:30 am on Monday, September 28. Click here to download the application (paper copies are available in the main office)
- Applicants will be interviewed during the school day on either Wednesday, September 30 or Thursday, October 1
- There will be a Mentor Training for all of the High School Bigs on Thursday, October 8 in the Reading Room from 2:15 pm to 3:30 pm.
- The first mentoring session at Freehold Intermediate School will be on Thursday, October 15. Click here to download the calendar for the year.
We hope that many Biotech students take advantage of this opportunity to make a meaningful and life-long difference in the lives of children in need. Feel free to reach out to Mr. Brown with any questions.