Class of 2021 Info Sessions & Admissions
Fall 2016 Information Session Dates
- Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 6:30 pm
- Saturday, October 15, 2016 at 10:00 am
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 6:30 pm
- Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 10:00 am
Information Session Overview
- All prospective 8th grade students must attend at least one Information Session (accompanied by a parent) in order to be eligible to apply.
- The Information Session is 2 hours long
- You do not need to register in advance
- You do not need to bring anything with you
Applicants for Biotechnology High School's incoming freshman class must first attend at least one information session held at BTHS with a parent. Information sessions are held in the fall and are designed to acquaint prospective students and their parents with the academics and student life offered by BTHS. Additionally, at each information session you will be told how to apply for admission to BTHS. All applicants must be a resident of Monmouth County at the time they apply.
Following submission of the application, applicants must take an admissions exam at BTHS consisting of a mathematics section and a language arts section. The content of the exam is based on the core curriculum standards. Based on results of this exam and academic performance in the 7th and 8th grades, students are selected for admission to Biotechnology High School's incoming freshman class. The most qualified student from each sending school district will be admitted and all others will be placed into a general pool. Students will then be admitted from the general pool based on qualification as determined by their 7th and 8th grade grades as well as the admissions exam until all available seats are filled. Students will be notified of their admissions decision via mail approximately one month after taking the admissions exam.
For inquiries regarding enrollment and admissions, please visit the MCVSD website: Career Academy Admissions